Thursday, May 27, 2010

Making space

I finished the textures for Boss Grim. Thanks again to Monica Mulneix for the character concept. This guy is one of the enemies for my Advanced Game Production Team class. I like him especially because I created all of his textures by hand in photoshop. I usually rely on Google images to give me photos that I then manipulate and tile, but this time around, everything was made from scratch.



I've also decided to drop the "punk" character I was working on from my demo reel. I know in my last post I said I was going to try to finish it in such a short amount of time, but honestly, I don't know why I would waste my time when I could just spend time on it after the fact to make him look good instead of rushing him. In his place, I will be showing Ugly and Beautiful as a set. You can see them here http://mattmuzzy.com/Ugly.html and here http://mattmuzzy.com/Beautiful.html They aren't bad, they just aren't super great. But as soon as I graduate, I'll have more time to polish characters and make ones that are actually super badass.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment